Workday Specialist, System Support
The HRIS Analyst reports to the Director, HR Operations and is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the HCM, Benefits, Performance Management, Integrations and Advanced Compensation modules in HRIS (Workday). The HRIS Analyst often works with the Payroll department to coordinate retrieval and reporting functions. Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Subject matter expertise on Workday (both front end (user-facing) and back-end).
- Updates and documents business processes as necessary.
- Conducts or coordinates with Workday as well as third-party consultant to test system fixes, new releases and enhancements, in order to ensure functionality and user acceptance. Documents and communicates problem resolution.
- Creates and manages reports, scheduled and ad hoc.
- Assists in maintaining the interfaces between Core HCM and Benefits with the various service providers.
- May act as administrator to create security model based on functional responsibilities and configure HR system to enforce the security access to data.
- Analyzes current processes, tools, system or database and makes recommendations for development, improvement or simplification.
- Make recommendation for enhancements and drive their execution. Provide root cause analysis and resolution to issues related to Employee Data.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in cross-functional teams to provide recommendations on new initiatives or projects.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Thorough knowledge and frequent application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques.
- Develops solutions to a wide variety of problem and works on projects requiring evaluation and analysis. Applies technical knowledge, concepts or theories when determining which solutions are best applied.
- Work is performed independently requiring judgment and discretion. May receive limited guidance for new assignments. Work may be reviewed for overall technical adequacy.
- Interacts mostly with internal company contacts. May represents department across organization or externally on projects.
- Actions impact the completion of milestones within a project. Failure to accomplish work or erroneous decisions may result in delays to portions of a project and allocation of additional resources to remedy.
- Typically 3-5 years with bachelor's or equivalent or 1-3 years with master's
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Recruiting Department at (800) 882-8638, option 4 then option 3.